Tuesday, May 17, 2011

137/365-11 Oprah Winfrey sez

sort of finished...?

Hi Nat. You shall be my mixed media subject. Ohohohoh.
Ugh. My not tracing skills not power enough. Need more time.Pfft.

Oh, and I like Oprah's quotes. There was one that really caught my eye. It wasn't talking about success and all, but about the people around you, and how you should be behave in set in a particular situation.

"If friends disappoint you over and over, that's in large part your own fault. Once someone has shown a tendency to be self-centered, you need to recognize that and take care of yourself; people aren't going to change simply because you want them to. " 
 Oprah Winfrey

So I guess this must mean that it was my fault to put any hopes into anyone, especially when they have shown the signs. Such a stuck up world we live in. And Oprah's right. If the world ain't gonna be kind, we've gotta stay strong.

and...

"One if the hardest things in life to learn are which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn." 
 Oprah Winfrey

I just recently talked to a friend, and that friend was mentioning about a certain someone who seems to have stay away written all over him due to the overwhelming negative influences he was giving off. But my friend was smart and kept distance with that influence. And my friend did it early. For recognizing it and taking action, I laud her for her efforts.

I probably should too.

also

"True forgiveness is when you can say, "Thank you for that experience." 
 Oprah Winfrey

We all get angry at other people a whole lot of times. Sometimes to the extent that you feel like strangling the other to death with your very own vicegrip. But sometimes, it just helps us to mature more and well, instead of holding a grudge, why not say the above sentence? Oprah did it. I don't see why we shouldn't too.

and last but not least

"Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher." 
 Oprah Winfrey

A line closely related to the bridges. Avoiding from your threats is one thing. Finding the ones who'd make you run faster, jump farther and fly higher is another. These people are all around you, if you pay close attentions. If you find one or more, take the opportunity to know them, be genuine and sincere to them. And I'm sure you'd get what you do to them in return.
OC

No comments: