Wednesday, May 18, 2011

138/365-11 Hi Nat. Again

not complete yet obviously. But I certainly am excited to see how it turns out when I'm done.

For now, I just finished colouring the face. It needs more touching up. The highlights aren't that clear yet I think. And I'm certainly gonne be needing to do some major dottings at the bottom. Lets see how it turns out later. Oh fuck. The eye seems a bit off and that nose is......................

If any of you buggars out there find something alarmingly abrupt in the picture that I might have failed to see (besides the above stated of course) with my own egoistic set of eyes, sure, feel free to flame/criticize/insult me lol. Not that I particularly mind anyways. After all, only people who care would comment right?

It's just something Randy Pausch said.

"Coach Graham rode you pretty hard, didn't he?" he said. 
I could barely muster a "yeah." 
That's a good thing," the assistant told me. When you're screwing up and nobody says anything to you anymore, it means they've given up on you." 
 Randy Pausch (The Last Lecture)


oh, if you were wondering where I got this handy quotes from, well, Randy's one is here and Oprah's one is here. All you need to do sometimes is just Google really. And man, painting with a quote in mind sure makes things a lot more... different. And exciting. Dontcha think?


OC

3 comments:

caili said...

You did this by computer or hand? It's pretty well composed really. I myself probably couldn't do it that well in such short time.

Besides the imperfections that you have mentioned earlier,probably Randy's face is less rounded? (her left)

Joey Ng said...

i don't see anything wrong with the nose...? i like the way how you contour her nose. it's pretty nice ^_^

btw im not pro in art ,juz dropping by .hehe =D

O C said...

Randy...? Er, that's Portman. Natalie Portman D: