Saturday, September 03, 2011

245/365-11 Backstreet Boys Lied

Picture unrelated.

Anyway, you probably knew the song As Long As You Love Me from Backstreet Boys right?

"As Long As You Love Me"

As long as you love me

Although loneliness has always been a friend of mine
I'm leavin' my life in your hands
People say I'm crazy and that I am blind
Risking it all in a glance
And how you got me blind is still a mystery
I can't get you out of my head
Don't care what is written in your history
As long as you're here with me

I don't care who you are
Where you're from
What you did
As long as you love me
Who you are
Where you're from
Don't care what you did
As long as you love me

Every little thing that you have said and done
Feels like it's deep within me
Doesn't really matter if you're on the run
It seems like we're meant to be

I don't care who you are (who you are)
Where you're from (where you're from)
What you did
As long as you love me (I don't know)
Who you are (who you are)
Where you're from (where you're from)
Don't care what you did
As long as you love me (yeah)

I've tried to hide it so that no one knows
But I guess it shows
When you look into my eyes
What you did and where you're comin from
I don't care, as long as you love me, baby

I don't care who you are (who you are)
Where you're from (where you're from)
What you did
As long as you love me (as long as you love me)
Who you are (who you are)
Where you're from (where you're from)
Don't care what you did (yeah)
As long as you love me (as long as you love me)
Who you are (who you are)
Where you're from
What you did
As long as you love me
Who you are (who you are)
Where you're from (where you're from)
As long as you love me
Who you are
As long as you love me
What you did (I don't care)
As long as you love me 



credits to azlyrics


----------------------------------------------------
If you already know the lyrics than don't bother. Now, this song was written during their time of teenage angst and uber awesomeness. So when they had their comeback they matured, and started seeing things in a different light. Because they probably began realizing the falsities in life when aged brought them through the many new experiences in their journye. Maybe they realized, or maybe they didn't, but if anything, when they sung Incomplete, I think they knew that all of the lyrics above was a lie. Or well, maybe they just got the song written from a very sad sad entity.


Empty spaces fill me up with holes
Distant faces with no place left to go
Without you within me I can't find no rest
Where I’m going is anybody’s guess

I tried to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete

Voices tell me I should carry on
But I am swimming in an ocean all alone
Baby, my baby
It’s written on your face
You still wonder if we made a big mistake

I'd try to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete

I don’t mean to drag it on, but I can’t seem to let you go
I don’t wanna make you face this world alone
I wanna let you go (alone)

I'd try to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete

Incomplete 



Again, kudos to azlyrics.


----------------------------
Well, my point is, there always a time where everyone experiences the innocence of falling in love, craving it because it was one of the single best things life has to offer if compared to achieving success, which is driven with a lot of hard work. Love is the same thing, only that it requires shitloads of luck. And well, a lot of other complex stuff, which you'd only come to understand if you've actually been in a relationship.


If you've never been in a relationship, you'll sing As Long As You Love Me. But after you've been through it, and failed in the end due to many unforseen shortcomings, you might just understand the deeper meaning behind Incomplete. It's not just a song really. It's an emotion their trying to convey. And whoever wrote that (Dan Muckala, Lindy Robbins, and Jess Cates, and it was produced by Muckala from Wiki) probably wrote out some of the most frequently happening worst things any soul could feel after an complete and utter disappointment, an unreachable goal, an epiphany that true happiness cannot last as opposed to the earlier innocent wishes in love.


Well, I guess that's just a minor reflection of it. Seeing that there's many other unwritten emotions there is to separation and disappointment, I can't really say it's the best embodiment of the feeling people feel after having their heart shattered to pieces.


But I can tell you this much. I used to love the lyrics in As Long As You Love Me. And I still hope such innocence exists within me. But right now, Incomplete just suits the current situation fine. Because it's true to a certain extent. Especially the line


It’s written on your faceYou still wonder if we made a big mistake
Funny how this song didn't seem to matter much to me when I first heard it. But now, it all just makes sense and gives me the tinge down my spine. Because even if nobody understands how I feel, I least I know a song that might.


Still, it's nice to know there an yin and yang in their music as well. As Long As You Love me as opposed to Incomplete.


But nobody should feel like this.
If anything, I'm gonna spam
this site at every end of
my very nonsensical posts.

Because if anything,
I really oughtta do that.

OC

No comments: