Thursday, May 31, 2012

Against Theodicy

Something a friend posted.

"If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world? If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked."

So anyways, I kinda interpreted it this way.
 ‎"if we knew, we could abolish evil, and we really wanna do it, why is there so much scumbags out there? If we want to, but cannot, we're miserable. If we can, but does not want to, we're idiots."

Excuse the daftness.

Feeling refreshed right now. Actually had a chat with my mom and my dad separately. Got some things out from my chest. Things being things that I've made peace with and actually not think about them until our conversations happened to converge on those past issues and I just go with the why not idea and went operation casual talk with them heh.

Also feeling a little different right now. I haven't felt like this in a while. I think it was triggered by my conversation with my dad. Feels good. I think I just had an epiphany. Or it could be just a passing delusion. 

... What if one day, you realized that you were doing the same things over and over not out of your initial purpose anymore, but purely out of maintenance, and that the minute you realized it and snapped out of that entrancing dilemma, gateways of new possibilities suddenly become open to you?

Ok, not sure if you understand. I'm not sure if I understand too. But that's basically it.
Mind feeling rather frantic and free right now. It's been a while since I've typed without needing to look at the keyboard and caring about every end of the sentence. I'm not even sure if I've been doing the rivers right all this time. So.. whuddaheck y'know haha.

Yeah.. I guess that's enough mumbo jumbo at the moment.
Thanks for reading.

OC

No comments: