Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sad, Sad World

Image from the Malay Mail.

Sometimes I really wonder why didn't I just kill myself when I was severely depressed.
At least if I did, I wouldn't have to know of people from my own gender, own race,
own nationality, own state and of similar taste in hobbies capable of clubbing a minor
to death while he had a raging boner.

Yes. Ng Yuk Tim was 15 years-old. She is a fucking minor. Why can't you rapeheads

just go for someone your age and not touch anyone below 18? Don't get me wrong,
I don't support rape in any way. I believe I've already made myself very clear in the 
post about Delhi Gang Rape Case. 

But seriously, she was only 15 man. This is the part that upsets me the most. Why are
you even tying yourself so closely to a minor in the first place? She wasn't even fully
sexually developed. Look at her photos man. So what, am I to assume you're into
lolicons and paedophilia?

Don't fucking touch minors. Is that so damned hard? Go find a hooker if you need to.

But destroying the children of our future with your lust? Man, that's the lowest form
of shit I expect from my fellow male comrades. What a fucking disgrace to my own gender.

Well, just to point out, I'm a man, I'm Chinese, I'm Malaysian, I come from Selangor,
I kinda love anime culture and yes, cosplaying has been understood to be within that
said array of anime culture things. I'm only younger than the assailant by a year. Besides
all that, we're pretty much alike profile-wise.

So would that mean I'm a potential murderer too? Beats me. I'm just a Chinese Malaysian
man from Selangor who watches animes and had friends who does cosplaying enough
for me to have interest in it. What are the odds of me potentially having homicidal thoughts?

Exactly. The thought won't even occur to you until I mention it. But in all honesty, even if
I did, most people will regard that as a joke. Well, that joke's not gonna be funny anymore.
Not with this happening, and with the culprit being an ordinary person like a lot of us in
Malaysia. For all I know, more than half of Malaysia are now potential murderers and
rapists just by looking at the profile presented.

I've compiled some links here in regards to the Suitcase Murder. If you wish to dig in
further regarding the issue, just use the aforementioned bolded words for your search queries.

First and foremost, I'm glad at least someone out there is still of sound reasonable mind.

His message is as follows:


I know most of us are still in awe. A lot of grief, disbelief, frustration and despair going around,and neverending crave for the truth. Why do we care so much on this so-called "another crime case that's usual in malaysia nowadays?" Because it involves someone that we know quite well. It's as simple as that. And by "we," I mean the close friends of  "him." First and foremost, I offer condolences to the family of the deceased.


I don't blame you if you are starting to turn your back on him, because viewing this on both side perspectives is really getting a lot of us confused and don't know which side to take pity on . 

But the thing is ,as Shingo Misaki said we musn't judge too quickly and only believe on the things that are delivered to us through social/mainstream media. Instead, if you are matured enough you will want to see through this case until the very end, before deciding your ultimate opinion on the involved parties. I'm aware that a lot of us in the community are in the age range of adolescency, in the phase of growing up. For those, please make this as a very important life lesson. Learn to treasure yourself more and try to perceive things maturely. Let's not be so naive and simply put all the blame on him right away. But at the same time I'm not saying he's not guilty on the entirety, since at some parts of it he is guilty. But there are still loopholes so I can't say much.

For me, personally I think there's still something hidden that we don't know inside this case. There's also a possiblity that a 3rd party is involved . More thorough test and investigation are needed. People who are close to him and her must be questioned as well. To anyone out there, if you have something to do with this, don't think you can get away, because if you do you are underestimating justice. 

From now on, I think donning a costume will give a weird taste, especially if you are closely related to the involved parties. But I'm sure it's also a matter of time for the feeling to dissipate if you are really passionate in this hobby. If you are concerned on what's going to happen in cosplay community from now on, keep calm and carry on, because the community depends on you to keep it alive. As Zend-senpai said, don't let one bad seed spoil the whole farm (roughly like that);

Right now we are in critical times. As a friend, I treasure the degree of friendship I share with my friends a lot. That is why for this case, I will try to do anything I can to help the investigation and to bring the truth to light for everyone. First court proceeding is in 5 days. If you still have even a tiny little trust in that someone who you used to call a friend; until the final verdict is delivered, let us hope for the best to come. 

I dream to the day when we can cosplay together again. 

ps : share this. it's about sending a message.


No worries. I read the last part loud and clear.

But let me just point out some thought about one particular part.

To anyone out there, if you have something to do with this, don't think you can get away, because if you do you are underestimating justice. 

Underestimating justice.
 I think saying that by itself is an act of overestimating the

capabilities of law enforcement in Malaysia. Oh, I'm sure these people will do their
jobs to the best of their capabilities. And I'm here wondering who'd be providing
them their next bonus. If not, then whose gonna help them finish their work?

Nobody. Beats me though. But if you all feel like that guy Nazirun above, and you've got

some leads, just contribute. Because I'm quite certain, if not definite, that the authorities
in Malaysia are at all competent in the acts of upholding the law.

No offence Polis Diraja Malaysia. But my mom has been mugged before. My brother

has been clubbed and made to bleed before. My brother has got his laptop(s), projector(s)
and other miscellaneous valuable items stolen. And my younger brother was openly harassed
by the parents of a bully who happened to be lawful attorneys.

What did you do? Nothing. Were the perpetrators caught? Sure. They did in your dreams.

I hope I'm not wrong to assume that they just magically show up in your office confessing 
to their crimes while you drink coffee and wait for you next damned paycheck.

For all it's worth, I've even been mugged before, sketched the face of the attacker and
passed it on to you for investigation. Anything? No.

My house got robbed. Belongings all gone. Lost my laptop. All you did was bring your

trainee forensic dolts, dust around for non-existant fingerprints, made a mess out of the
already given mess we had out of authority and just happily went for lunch a while after.

Of course, I don't blame you. We're all human aren't we? 

Please convince me to trust you. Especially after you have done so much harm to
innocent people rallying for Bersih. 

But I digress.

Now, onto the more generalized idea of the case.

The guy's name isn't disclosed to public. All we know is that he's 23, Chinese, loves cosplay,
and that he's pretty famous for it too. And from the above post, he's still under trial. So maybe
his name will be released after his final verdict. Don't count on it though.

This is by far the best one out of all the others I read. They highlight important things,
and well, I'm gonna just do the favour of quoting some of them here:


He's a nice guy and don't blame Cosplay.


Many things can corrupt a person.


"I don’t know.""It’s too late for me to regret." 


And well, here's an interesting fact. 
Selangor Community Policing founder member Kuan Chee Hong was the one
who saw the hints of struggle; the bite mark, and interrogated him in the red to
the point where he confessed out of guilt.

At least someone's done something right. Whether he, or the police in 
general would pursue further than that is another issue though. Their work is
already so easy for them after Kuan did what he did. Now why would they
want to add more work to their labour?

I was hoping that Nazirun fellow and his friends would help do that.


Now, there's this video.

So, if my son killed your daughter, we say sorry can already right?
Like hell it'd be alright. But just to point out some two cents here.
Just what in the world do you expect the family to say to you miss?
Are you the only person in shock? So you're saying that the criminal's
family members are damned proud of what he did, is that it?

You see, I don't blame people reacting this way for being in the state
of shock. They are in that mess and they have every right to react the
way they do. It wouldn't be called a state of shock otherwise. This is
directed to both victim and criminal's family.

But you commentors, 3rd parties. People with no relevance to the issue.
Do you really have to go out all your way to be zealots and post things
like he deserves to rot in jail or that he should burn in hell?

Who the fuck are you? His mother? Would you feel nice hearing that
if you were his family member? No room for civility and voice of reason?
No sense of objectivity?

Yeah sure, he killed a girl while trying to rape her. We all get that. But spewing
fire at the fire isn't exactly dousing anything. Even if your actions are compelled
by justice, they are not filtered with the brain you have in your head.

You guys are intelligent people. The least you can do is try to act like one.
I quote again, Nazirun's post:


For those, please make this as a very important life lesson. Learn to treasure yourself more and try to perceive things maturely. Let's not be so naive and simply put all the blame on him right away.

Keyword here is naive - (of a person or action) showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment. 

Aside from that, Lipstiq found a nice little part to add to the drama of the story.

The suspect also updated his Facebook status at about 1:00a.m. saying, “Everyone please help find her. Her mother is looking for her. She came over to my house to help me make Cosplay helmets. As I had to leave for work, I sent her to the LRT station. If anyone has any info, please contact her mother. Everyone please try to search for her. She is wearing the same clothes seen in this photo.”
Then, around 7:00a.m. he posted another status saying, “It has been an entire morning. Ah Tim (Ng) where have you been? Your mother and father are looking for you. Please don’t scare us.”
Ah, so you're not as stupid as I think you are eh you criminal. Good effort, but you forgot
to hide the bite mark on your arm. And well, you clearly couldn't hold up to Kuan's
interrogation skills. So why bother trying in the first place?

If you're gonna act smart, at least do a good job and don't get caught.

See, this is the problem of impulsive actions. First you got horny, and assaulted her with
the intention of satisfying your male instincts. Then an unforseen response was ignited
by your target, she bit you so hard it made you shriek in pain and in a fit of rage, you
just conveniently grabbed hold of a dumbell that's like 5kg on boths sides, which would
make it at least 10kg, and you wanted to show her whose boss by slamming it on her
head 3 times.

Not once. 3 times.

Who'd have known she'd have died from it. Who would right? If you's horny and in
a rage fit, you'll never know. I can say that much.

But you see, this is the problem I see. Smart people know how to control impulses.
You lost the game the minute you did what you did. So I don't see a reason as to why
you need to even try continuing the facade.

Ah yes, now you're finally reminded of the community you're in huh? I admire the way
your thought process works. Because I pray hard I'll never be someone like you.

This article will tell you how Ng Yuk Time was found. The Edge raised legitimate
concerns about the false hype and finger pointing directed towards cosplaying.

And to end this post, I wanna share the words I shared to my friend who's affected
by this social apocalypse:

It's already happened. He's affected the cosplaying world already. The rape was his fault, but the media is the culprit for pinning it down on cosplaying.

Right now there's only one thing you can do. Let him fall for what he did, but continue to defend 
your passion. What you like shouldn't have to be affected just because someone else who likes the same thing you do tarnishes it's reputation.

It's not your fault. He may have been a friend. But it's not your fault.

If you think this weighs heavily for you, then think about the aftershock of those who are directly related to him and the girl. Look, you can choose to let the shadow linger around you or you can declare that you have nothing to do with this and stop grieving over someone else's mistake.

To cut things short, it's not your problem. I don't mean to sound cold, but that's the truth. Let those who are really directly related to those 2 bear that burden. You're basically an outsider. It's not your obligation to feel responsible. The least you can do is not add up to the number of miserable people due to this incident. You don't have to be miserable, and you most certainly don't have to be one of those people.

But if you still want to feel morally conscious about this, feel free to. I do however want to point out this though; if you really are as morally conscious as you are about this case, there are already those who are struggling to accept the truth and doing their best to provide disbelief to the story. Why aren't you with them on this if that is the case?

However, what those people are doing is pointless. They are not even building credibility, let alone providing evidence to support that man's innocence. All they are doing is sulking over a lost friend they wanted to believe had a good heart. And they are disappointed that they were wrong, and all they are doing, is merely expressing that same disappointment outward.

If your goal is to express your disappointment, then I'm sure their band will gladly welcome your thoughts. But if you're not, I suggest you just let this go and put this behind you as a severe reminder of what you represent in the world with the interests you dabble in.

Would you want the people around you to feel sad? No right? Then stay strong and be happy. Don't fake it. Find the strength to do it. The people around you deserve that much.

Heck, if he was a pro chess player, the media might have pinned it on chess instead. So stop being foolish. He's a friend and he's someone you know. But I think if he really was your friend, he'd want you to be happy and not be dragged along with his mess, don'tcha think?

And about the people bringing his case up for discussion in front of you, there are always 2 ways to shut people up. Either you shut them up directly, or you just don't give them a fuck and they'll shut up by themselves. 

You do whatever you need to do. I've said my piece as YOUR friend who's still alive.

Project Grateful? It seems highly inappropriate, but sure.

I'm grateful that:
1. I didn't rape anyone today
2. I didn't bash anyone in the head with a dumbell
3. I'm writing this post, not behind bars.
4. nobody around my social circle is affected because of something I did.
5. I'm not regetting that I murdered someone.

Sad sad world we live in. 24-10-2013 I'm Grateful 024.

No comments: