Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Jynx Jinx

Image from here.
Umm.. No, I'm not gonna be talking about the Pokemon Jynx today.
As much as there's an interesting racial issue with the Pokemon's design,
this isn't my trending topic for today.

I'm talking about a different kinda jynx.

The one with an i in it.

Jinx.

YES. The very same one where some guys and girls I know shout that word
in unison whenever they say the same thing at the same time somehow in efforts
to show who's faster at saying jinx to make someone feel like a loser for very few
moments.

But no, that isn't it too.

Here's a wikifinition to familiarize yourself with what it really is holistically.
jinx, in popular superstition and folklore, is:
The superstition can also be referenced when talking about a future event with too much confidence. A statement such as "We're sure to win the contest!" can be seen as a jinx because it tempts fate, thereby bringing bad luck. The event itself is referred to as "jinxed".
In a similar way, calling attention to good fortune – e.g. noting that a certain athlete is having a streak of particularly good fortune – is thought to "jinx" it. If the good fortune ends immediately afterward, the jinx is then blamed for the turn of events, often jokingly.

Thanks Wikipedia.

Well, you see, whenever I openly tell people or announce to the world about
certain things I'm doing or about to do, things just go very wrong quite often.
I'm not exactly a firm believer of bad luck and misfortune, but yeah, I guess
I hate jinxing the stuff I do whenever I make a statement to anyone or anything
about it.

So.. yeah, I tend to keep things to myself more after noticing this unusual streak
happening for more than 4 years. So if you're wondering why I always post in
past-tense and not like present-future-tense, well, I think this post would explain it.

Hopefully.

Don't mind me. I won't tell any progress to anyone. Just things that are done then
maybe, if you're lucky, I might have remembered to save some progresses about it.
And I'll show you. If not, then... well, too bad?

That also means you probably won't wanna ask how I'm doing, for my own sake.
Haha, no that's not a joke. I'd very much appreciate that actually. I kinda have a
thing about not wanting to tell people how I'm doing. But hey, by all means, keep
hoping! Fingers-crossed to. But my disappointment doesn't really discriminate.
I disappointment myself a lot too, which in turn disappoints a lot of other people.

You don't have to be one of those people.

To those of you who ask me, "How are you?" anyways, my reply will always say
"Better than you." in efforts to annoy you. So with that in mind, you better know
what to expect if you asked me that haha.

Yes, I made a post just to point that out. Boo-yah.

Anyways, today I'm grateful that:
1. there were some complications with the home theater system my dad bought
and we were able to change a new set without any headache.
2. the remote the staff gave us didn't work but when I went back to them and he
replaced it, it worked fine.
3. got to listen to some delicious eyegasms earlier at a very loud volume.
4. I might not have to spoil my ears with headsets anymore.
5. I played Magic with a good friend.
6. had my first McFlurry in ages.
7. treated someone for always asking me out.

5-11-2013 I'm Grateful 036

No comments: