Friday, November 01, 2013

Life can be hard sometimes.

These few days have been emotionally draining fore me with the new set of
responsibilities given to me just 2 weeks back.

It really siphons the life out of you when you care too much about things
doesn't it? Especially people, when we know fully well they are beyond
our control, and that we can never predict their best moves.

But as humans, as creatures of the community, we all recognize the
need for assistance when we see it, and we do our best to offer
magnanimity however we can.

Sometimes it's hard. We want to help, they need help, but they don't
ask for it, and when we approach them, they do not want us to help.
That sentence alone describes the amount of complexity our human
minds present when it comes to receiving goodwill from others.

Worst part is always when our kindness is repaid with groundless animosity,
if not aggression or boundless hate.

How do we know if we overstep our bounds? How do we deal with
the guilt pang we receive when we do not act on our instincts for the needy?
How do we treat these people with the respect they want, and still
somehow assist them, even if it's just in small ways?

Why is it so hard to be a human being?

But I'm glad something changed after I did what I did. Whether or not
it was really me or not, I don't know, and will probably never know.
But things have changed for the better, and that's all that matters.

So today, I'm grateful that:
1. maybe my presence here in life means more than just me serving myself.
2. I might have affected someone else's life positively.
3. I kept on holding on to whatever hope there was for things to change.
4. that I believed in a good cause, and acted on it.

*sigh* this post is rather vague isn't it. Haha, oh well.
1-11-2013 I'm Grateful 032

No comments: