Saturday, November 09, 2013

Raising Children is Easy

YEAH, sure it is. All you gotta do is find a female with a willing hole and bang it
until her period stops, then take care of her for 9 months.

And voila, you get a cutesy baby!

Well yes, that's basically the gist of conceiving a child. Raising a child is
an entirely different matter. But according to someone I know, it's a pretty
simple procedure of sending your children to normal school where education
is like, free (like Malaysia) and pray that he/she'll develop into a mature person.

Wow, really? That's it? Funny, I recall there being something like family planning.
I'm guessing that person has zero concern over the child's potential future, especially
after free education is over.

But hey, you can't blame someone for having a one-track mind. It comes from years
of cultural exposure and doesn't just happen overnight. Perspectives like those don't
really bide well with the element of change.

Glad I understood that and didn't pursue to instigate a point of attack to his life's idealism.
And by point of attack, I mean elbowing his nose hard enough for him to see a doctor
and get a free MC for the next few days.

Oh wait, who am I kidding, he doesn't need MC's. He's a taxi driver.

Well, I guess what I heard tonight kinda explained all the questions about why he's so
neglectful to his family and stuff. Whatever's done's done already anyways. No point
blaming someone like him over a wrong sense of idealism and less than proper upbringing.

What I can do is not lament over his past and do whatever I can to not be like that dimwit.

Naaaaaw man, having another child doesn't just mean an extra bottle of milk to buy. It goes
way beyond that mister. There's still medical expenses, clothing, food, tertiary education, and
more importantly, a parent's undivided attention and guidance. Please don't get a
child if you think it's that easy. God knows how his wife feels about his view after
being married to him for over 30 years.

With all due respect, even if you were a multi-millionaire, I highly doubt raising children
would still be as simple as that.

But hey, she's not my wife so... *shrugs*
Might be best for me to just stay out things I'm not supposed to meddle in.

Anyways, today I'm grateful that:
1. I'm still single.
2. I don't have a girlfriend.
3. I don't have children of my own yet.
4. I'm not married yet.
5. I don't have to shoulder such a responsibility as marriage yet.
6. I'm thinking of staying single for a while.

09-11-2013 I'm Grateful 040

No comments: