Sunday, December 08, 2013

I'm Grateful 059

Today I sprinted thrice. Then did my ab routine.

Fuck.

I didn't know sprinting would have such a great impact
in straining my ab muscles because I usually sprinted after
my ab routine. Now I know doing the inverse will yield
better effects.

Man, it was so painful I almost quit, but haha, gotta say it
feels good to have finished it.

I also managed to maintain proper form during my
situps this time, so I didn't even need to do my usual
100 reps. 40 reps of 3 was enough to kill me.

The trick to doing it effectively lies on how well you're
able to root your legs down to the ground without having
to rely on any weight to act as a hook support to keep
your entire lower body locked onto the ground and
keeping all your focus on the flexing of the stomach
instead of trying to hustle through every lunge with
a burst of speedy momentum.

Because the burst of speed will definitely help you get
that momentum to go up. But that's how you lose form.
Flex at a steady rate, not too fast, not too slow, feel the
crunch of your muscles clamping against one another
and keep doing it until it aches baaaaaaad.

Muscle work is very simple. No ache means no muscle gain.
So if you're afraid of pain, then you'll get that a whole lot later.
Hopefully before 50 when your body can't take the physical
intensity anymore.

Best results are always routine above 20 reps. I donno
about the ones below 20. I've tried them before. It's just
not as good as anything above 20, I can tell you that much.

If you can do that, you don't need 100 reps. 30-40 is
usually very tiring. And when you can really hit 100 with
the same level of intensity, that's when you know your
core muscles have really strengthened.

Ugh... I hope I won't have to sneeze the next few days.
Wouldn't wanna pull any of my abs now zzz.

Today I'm grateful that:
1. I managed to control the speed of my sprint.
2. I managed to do situps with proper form
3. my crunches today felt more kick than usual. Sooooo painful...
4. there's some tone to my abs already. Maybe a few more month to go hehe.

08-11-2013 I'm Grateful 059

No comments: