Monday, January 06, 2014

Pangasius Hypopthalmus - Pacific Dory isn't Dory Fish



Just read man, for your own fucking good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malachite_green

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2005/s1526227.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iridescent_shark

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/archive/index.php/t-80460.html
ctrl + f WHAT FISH IS THAT in ^ link.

 infectious disease campylobacterwhich can cause diarrhoea, abdominal pain, fever, nausea and vomiting.

Jesus Christ, that completely fits the bill for my current symptoms.
No wonder I feel like shit.

So if you're all gonna just tl:dr, then whatever man. Your loss if you aren't educated about this issue. And I'm writing this post also in hopes that you won't have to go through what I did. So if you still think you're pretty much better off than I am and immune to any form of bad in your life, sure man, just skip this post and have a nice life. If you don't think you're that fortunate, then just bear with me and please read through with an open mind, then conduct your own further research if need be. That's all I ask.

Why?

Because I sincerely hope you won't have to deal with the symptoms I've been having since Friday night, 03-01-2014. Man, what a way to start the new year. I wouldn't wish anyone to be lashed just as much as I don't want anyone to be inflicted with the symptoms I'm having.

Fucking RM5 Dory Fish. Guys, please do yourself a favor and not be too cheapskate. RM5 for a dory fish is not worth hundreds of medical bills, days of suffering in sickness and hours of not being able to be useful. Please get something with a reasonably higher altitude in price. Like RM7 above just to be safe.

Or even better, just please read Pangasisus Hypopthalmus or anything that reads pangasius as a prefix to the name (It basically means Asian shark catfish which isn't even actually a shark.) on the label and don't even think about buying it for consumption. If you still want to, be my guest man. Good luck. See you in your next life if you don't survive.

I'm making this post today because there was this other time 2 years back, I got this so bad from some Tesco (sorry, not to bash on Tesco, because Tesco is actually not bad by itself and I love some of their products, it's just coincidentally both fishes that were my bane were bought from the same place so..) bought fish that my entire family got inflicted with the symptoms of diarrheoa, abdominal pain, fever, nausea and vomiting. Then we found out that the fish grew slimy over a few hours after defrosting. The cooked one tasted really bad too. They had these sorta strange mucus oozing out of it. And no, it definitely did not make the fillets taste good. If anything, it was something close to bile. It's just so fucking disgusting man.

My mom then decided it was best to throw away RM50 worth of those fish into the bin immediately after that, because what turned out to be the most economical fish'n chips became a weeklong nightmare. It definitely wasn't easy recovering from that bitch of a sickness. You really donwanna be there.

This time around though, it's only me affected. But I was pretty positive I tasted that "something funny" taste again when I ate it. True enough, an hour after consumption, my stomach started bloating, I started having severe flatulence, my tummy felt like bursting, I wanted to shit, but couldn't, and it was as if I could vomit at any moment.

And the next day, I purged all day, with all my wastes looking gray as cement. I don't think that's even natural for a human being. Continued till today. I'm so glad I had an awesome colleague who could very well man the shop better than I do. If she wasn't here today, wow, I hope the good lord blesses me or something. Because in the shop alone, I purged at least once every 2 hours. It was terrible. And if I actually gave myself the chance to properly regulate, I'd have to purge every 15 minutes. But since I had to work... ugh. I tried to hold it in as long as could. Definitely not the best thing to do for my body, but hey, work ethics are everything right?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_causes_human_feces_to_be_gray#q53858668/page/0
http://www.medicinenet.com/stool_color_and_texture_changes/symptoms.htm
http://altmedicine.about.com/od/gettingdiagnosed/a/stools.htm

And I'm pretty sure my grey stools ain't fat. I highly doubt me cycling to Bangsar from Kelana Jaya for 45 minutes could warrant such fat-burning effectiveness. If it did, wow, my abs would probably show already. And ok, I do 2 trips a day. So that's like one and a half hours worth of cycling. And I only did this 3 times ever since I started working, with today being the 3rd. If anything, these crappy way of transportation only dehydrates the fuck out of me. Because I had urinary tract infection (UTI) before, and I know how fucking painful it is to urine with urea-saturated liquid. It feels like someone threw spikes into your kidney and let it flow out into your urethra. 2 days ago, I wasn't too careful with my drinking, and my urine colour hit blood orange.

And it was fucking painful.

Either way, I'm talking about the fish, not urine so I shall digress.

And no, fat-burning ain't that easy. I wish man.

http://www.seafoodimporters.com.au/news.item.php?pid=62

What Are The Growing Conditions For Basa?
Basa are grown in one of the most suitable environments for fish farming found anywhere in the world. The Mekong River (from which drains much of the Himalayan snow melt) has one of the largest consistent flows of fresh, clean water on the planet. Australian environmental scientists working for the Mekong River Commission, which monitors water quality at over 50 sites, confirm that testing over the past 15 years shows no serious contamination of the river - partly because there is little industry in its catchment, and partly because of its large flow. It is one of the cleanest of the world's large rivers. Claims that the Mekong River is seriously contaminated have been overwhelmingly refuted by those Australian scientists working in the region.

Great, loads and loads of bullshit. Alright, maybe it's partially true. I'm pretty sure some parts in the Mekong and Chao Phraya rivers are pretty much showing no signs of serious contamination of the river and could probably also be some of the cleanest of the world's large river. Sure, that could be be true.

But to how much the extent of exported basa that's actually from those said regions is something worth questioning, because trust me when you don't want to be hit with campylobacter 3 days straight. It's a lot worse when you need to work. You won't recover if you keep feeding yourself with shit food unfit for human consumption while even taking Amrita water. I kid you not. Even miracle elixirs can only do so much.

http://www.heliozoa.com/wfwsum/margauxgrosman/ass4/template_6/basa%20fish%20-%20investigation.pdf

^ Read page 5, 8

Anyways, I'll let y'all judge the information for yourself. If y'all have no problems consuming this pacific dory then sure, continue on eating then. Good for you. But if you're like me, then God bless you. If you're not sure because you've never tried it before yourself, well, maybe you should just fall sick and understand the situation for yourself or just avoid risking yourself by being a chronic skeptic. Because you really won't feel the need to protect yourself from this until you're met with a severe state of urgency to shield yourself from this unnecessary phantom of a threat.

Ohkay, I need to rest. Thanks for reading.

P/S:

To me friends who were expecting me on 04-01-2014,

I'm really sorry I decided to eat the dory fish my mom made in respect of her efforts to make a meal for me the night before. And because of that, I fell really sick the next morning ever since I woke up at 8am. I really wanted to make it, but I had no energy to move and I was stuck in bed till 4pm or so before I could finally make myself walk to have lunch, which was also terrible because each bite I took made me feel like vomiting them all out again.

It felt the same way today even at work and.. somehow I managed to pull through. Well, I'm just really sorry I couldn't be there.

Hopefully next time we can meet again under better circumstances, if there even is a next time. If not then.. well, I guess it's just my luck.

Yeah. Thanks for the invite. Sorry I couldn't make it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought some yesterday from Village Grocer and was a bit unsure. I think I'll double-check and see.

Thanks for the heads up, even if it was a while ago.

BR / YK